Top 10 Learning and Development Team Building Activities
08 December 2020 · 6 min read
Learning and development is the process to empower and benefit employees with specific skills. Learning and Development Team Building Activities for professional development build on current skills or learning new skills. This in turn will enhance business performance.
Companies can benefit if they have a goal or focus. Learning and development team building activities should reflect the company’s values, mission and culture. It enhances the business strategy, while employees develop further and perform better.
All companies Learning and development needs are unique and will depend on the company’s goals and requirements. Most companies want the same outcome, that is to Improve business performance and to have employee satisfaction. Team Building activities for specialist development allow employees insight to their role and company’s values. This will build confidence. By investing in your employee’s it’s shows they are valued and respected. Learning and Development activities can address weakness and strengthen skills. Furthermore, if staff feel valued they are less likely to change employers. In addition, the prospect of training may make the company more appealing to new recruits.
Many Companies know the importance that Learning and Development has on the business. The main objective should be to improve business performance and be a strong competitor. An increase in processes are all major gains for a successful company.fr
Team building refers to effort made to increase the performance and efficiency of a team. Activities for team building have people in teams to achieve a particular objective or goal. Team bonding activities focus on enhancing ties within a team. Activities for team building will achieve an element of team bonding. However, team bonding activities may not achieve results intended for a team building activity. Team Building is the most common term used. Knowing what you want to achieve will assist you in choosing the right activity for team building or team bonding. Team Building Activities for Professional Development include learning and Development objectives.
Specific Learning and Development objectives will depend on the nature of your company. However, it is possible to classify team building training for employees by the following:
Selecting the right Team Building training for employees are divided into the following steps:
Assess your employees and identify areas that need development. This may include:
What technique of learning will best suit your needs and staff.
Examples include - Hands on Training, Leadership coaching, Mentoring.
This may be an internal or external provider, depending on your requirements.
Such as internal HR department, Consultants, Online courses.
Incorporate your program via the strategy suited to your needs and objectives.
This is an important step and not to be missed. Measure the success of your staff's development at the end of the program. This step will reveal valuable insights into which objectives were met and which ones were not. This will help you adjust any changes and investment required in the next learning cycle.
Read further on this topic in an article - What Is Learning and Development
Training is vital for any company. There are many categories of Team Building training for employees. These include:
However, learning and development is different to each company. Team Building development is a way to increase the knowledge and skills of your employees.
Some companies feel it is a waste of time. Staff are out of the office and not completing their jobs and training can be expensive. However, staff development provides personal and company benefits. Thus making the cost and time a worthwhile investment. When chosen correctly learning and development activities provide a great return on investment.
Read further on the Importance of Training and Development in the workplace.
Specialist development consists of anything that is relevant to the work or duties of the person. There are a variety of delivery methods. These include:
Learning and Development programs should focus on creating a culture of learning and growth. Thus enabling companies and their staff to evolve and develop to their full potential. Team Building Activities for work is on ongoing process.
Importance, Benefits and Purpose of Team Building Activities read our article specific to this topic.
The best specialist should understand your company and identify what learning priorities are required. They will create a customised learning program where employees can develop to be their best.
When looking for a provider consider the following:
Many programs do not involve your leaders.
Most training focuses on skills. This does not work as skills are driven by elements like beliefs, identity, and purpose. People need a deeper shift in order to apply the skills they are learning.
As people develop into leaders they need to transition from “technical” (or team leaders) to “people leaders.” This can get confusing as the word “leadership” is used for each role even though they are different. People will need to transition their beliefs and identity with the role change.
Most people try to cram a lot into a program or workshop. Shorter workshops with time between them for leaders to coach participants is far more effective.
Problem Solving is a process of finding solutions too difficult or complex issues.
It is a skill of defining, identifying and solving problems in an effective and timely manner.
Problem Solving goes with Decision Making. Both of these activities occur as part of everyone’s work day. Problems are approached with varying degree’s of skill and success.
Problem-solving skills help you determine the source of a problem and find an effective solution. Although problem-solving is a skill one its own, there are related skills that may contribute. As a result, effective problem solving may require industry or job-specific technical skills.
Team building activities for work that focus on problem solving are an effective way to develop skills required. In order to be effective at problem solving it is wise to work on and develop key skills.
Activities that focus on Problem Solving enable your team to develop in a fun environment.
Read our article on 15 problem solving team building activities to develop your team. It includes the Key skills required for effective problem solving. As well as our top 15 activities that focus on Problem Solving.
To be a good leader or manager you need to have excellent social skills. Emotional intelligence may be the most important type of intelligence for a leader. It doesn’t matter how smart you are or how well you perform in the company, if you can’t get along with others. You need to be a team player no matter what your role is. Luckily it is pretty easy to improve your current skills and learn new ones. Developing skills can be improved by engaging in team building activities.
Read further in this relevant article – Improve Your Interpersonal Skills
Successful teamwork is essential to creating meaningful group work. But how do you create a great team? You have to build it and maintain it within environment of trust and support. Here are a few key points of how you can build your perfect team.
It is not just up to leaders to implement strategies. You can build a team that with trust and commitment no matter your position.
More detail can be found in our article on 10 Tips to help you build a Great Team.
It is important to identify the needs of your team. Consider the following questions:
An article in Mind Tools discusses why Team Building should be an everyday Priority.
In summary, team building focus should be on providing skills, training and resources. To be effective it should be an ongoing process. That is an integral part of your team and company culture. Team Building activities should be part of an ongoing program of development. One that focuses on developing a strong and effective team.
Team Building Activities are an integral component of building and developing your team. But how can you make sure you choose the right activity to suit your team’s needs? We have written an in-depth article – Ultimate Guide to Team Building Activities for just that purpose. By the end of it you will be an expert and know all the advantages, drawbacks, common mistakes. It will guide you to organise an amazing Team Building Activity. We share resources and our extensive knowledge and experience. This will be helpful for organising corporate team building activities.
The minimum number would be around 8 with the maximum around 30. You do not want your group to be to large or to small to inhibit good discussion and learning
Your activity will run best in a private function space. It is ideal if you can get AV equipment included in your venue hire. This can save you quite a bit of money. Some activities can also be held outside
No. By using the services of Team Building Made Easy, you will not be charged any hidden costs or charges. We have arrangements in place with all our listed providers to ensure they quote to us as they would quote directly to you the user if you were to go to them directly.
1. Team Building Made Easy Pty Ltd is a booking agent for companies that provide team building activities. Team Building Made Easy Pty Ltd is not the provider of these activities.
2. When you book an activity through Team Building Made Easy you are purchasing a credit for team building to the value of that booking. Subject to these terms and conditions you may use that credit for any team building activity available through Team Building Made Easy.
3. Bookings must be confirmed in writing by either signing and returning the Team Building Made Easy quote or by replying to the email containing the quote and clearly stating you wish to proceed with the team building activity as quoted.
4. Once you return a confirmation by the means listed in item 3 you are committed to that booking and subject to these terms and conditions.
5. Payment must be made at the time of booking.
6. Payment may be made by Direct Deposit, Company Cheque, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
a) Payments made by Visa, Mastercard will incur a surcharge of 1.92% plus GST and for American Express it is 3.4% plus GST
7. Some Providers have specific Terms and Conditions which are in addition to these Terms and Conditions and are outlined in your quote. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and Provider Terms and Conditions the Provider Terms and Conditions will have precedence.
8. As a booking agent for companies providing team building activities Team Building Made Easy will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage incurred or suffered by any participants during an activity.
9. Where any liability is transmitted through a point of law to Team Building Made Easy then the maximum aggregate liability of the Team Building Made Easy, its directors, employees, agents and servants for all claims under or relating to this contract or its subject matter is limited to an amount equal to the Fees paid by the customer under this Contract.
10. Should any dispute arise from an activity then as a booking agent for companies providing team building activities Team Building Made Easy will use its best endeavours to help you resolve the dispute with the provider. Please note however that as a booking agent we do not have direct control over the provider and as provided for in clause 10 of these terms and conditions any dispute and or refund will be based on the provisions of the Provider’s contract
11. Team Building Made Easy reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.