We bring financial statements to life through its simple, visual hands on model of a company. Participants form the incoming management team of A&O, an established company that is facing some tough challenges. The Learning and Development activity will track the company from mediocrity to excellence via a series of exercises designed to elucidate the foundation of business in a service company.
Participants of all levels can gain new skills or build on prior experience to:
• Read and interpret financial statements
• Identify critical elements affecting profitability
• Analyse financial ratios and key performance indicators and make priorities accordingly.
Participants will explore the cause-and-effect relationships that govern a company’s financial state- ments – and develop an intrinsic business sense that will govern their future decisions in everyday work.
Companies using Think Like A Business Owner can benefit by:
• Creating a common vision throughout the organisation
• Building a shared baseline understanding of financial and management concepts
• Communicating key messages during times of organisational change.
• Understanding how improving utilisation of staff and better procedures for forecasting and planning can affect the bottom line
• Gaining a better appreciation of the issues that arise when expanding to better meet customer demands
• Understanding how the configuration (volume, loyalty, image, price, payment terms) of the customer base affects for example cash flow, short- term profitability and long-term market value
• Understanding how their daily decisions impact the company strategically and financially including learning basic business finance language and the logic of business – “how it works”
• Continuously identifying improvements in the business processes
• Knowing how their business generates profits today and how it will need to generate profits in the future
• Understanding the meaning of working capital and how the use of assets and people affects the profitability
• Understanding the meaning and leverage effects of value and business drivers.
Minimum and Maximum Group Size
From four to several thousand participants. Participants are grouped in teams of 3-4 with one facilitator for every 25-30 people.
Employees at all levels.
Minimum and Maximum Time Required
6-8 hours, corresponding to 3 years of operation.
Facilitators are certified
We translate our products continuously
If you are not sure what you are after, or short on time just contact us and we will assist you.
So don't waste your valuable time searching through hundreds of online team building activities yourself, when we can do all the research and provide quotes for you? You will not pay any more to book your activity through Team Building Made Easy, our service to you is totally FREE.
Call us on 1300 764 818 or email the team at [email protected].
Daytime + Nighttime
0-20, 20-40, 40-60, 60-80, 100+