Hosted by professional actors and comedians, the creative and active team building activity, Theatre Sports event will have you in stitches as you play a series of fun, improvisational games made popular by TV shows such as “Whose Line is it Anyway?!” and “Thank God You’re Here”. This will challenge your team to step out of their comfort zones in a safe and supportive environment and is as entertaining for participants and spectators alike.
Everything you need to know about the Theatre Sports games team building activity
Our team of professional actors and comedians kick off with a BANG and introduce the group to the world of improvisation and fast thinking.
There are no boundaries, no right or wrong, just the hilarious and the bizarre.
You can either play this game in teams and play for points, and each round rotating the participating team member. This means that everyone will have a go at some point, but can ease into the games.
Or you can simply play the games and take random volunteers from the audience in each round.
The games are as fun and entertaining whether you're in the limelight or watching from the audience, and the hidden talents of your colleagues you thought you knew so well will be revealed...failure truly is no option and you’ll be amazed to see what your colleagues are capable of.
What happens during the Theatre Sports games team building activity?
Games may include:
- Expert Double Figures: An interviewer and an interviewee sit on two chairs with their arms behind their back. Two other people will sit behind them and act as their hands and gesticulate exactly what the two talking characters are discussing. It is a hilarious sight.
- Space Jump: A classic. 2 team mates will begin improvising a scene after receiving inspiration from the audience. At any time, the host will call out “SPACE JUMP” and the actors will freeze. Another actor will enter and begin a completely new scene from the frozen positions of the actors. After a while, the host will once again call SPACE JUMP and the actors will freeze and a new actor will enter and repeat.
- ABC: Up to 4 actors will be given a scenario and must make sure each line of dialogue starts with consecutive letters of the alphabet. E.g.
“All my friends are growing beards, but I just can’t seem to”
“Beards are very 2013”
“Can’t possibly be! Derek has a beard and it’s 2014”
If a team member makes a mistake they must leave the scene immediately and their exit justified by the rest of the remaining players.
- Fairytale In The Style Of: Teams will play out a 1min version of a popular fairy tale. They will then retell the story as before, but this time in the style of a genre given to them by the host. Imagine Goldilocks as a Western or a Sci-Fi, Cinderella as a RomCom or a Blockbuster Action.
Start time: We can run this event on any day, at any time, subject to availability and can run for 1 hour, up to 2.5 hours
Venue: We can bring this event to your offices or conference space, or any venue with room for performing and audience members. Ask us for suggestions. Venue hire is not included in the price for this event
Teams: Depending on your final numbers we will suggest the ideal team sizes
What you need to bring:
- COMFORTABLE CLOTHES - the activity works best if participants are dressed in comfy clothes that allow them to move freely
- CAMERA - Make sure someone brings a camera to capture all the highlights of the day. Even better yet, have someone film the performances so that you can look back on them next year
- Outgoing, professional actors as your hosts, mentors and collaborators
- A large variety of props, costumes and materials
- Prizes (and we can incorporate your own too if you like):
- 1st– Race medals and a bottle of wine
- 2nd – Bottle of wine
- Last Place – Tim Tams
- All challenges and game elements
- Public Liability insurance up to $20mil.
If you are not sure what you are after, or short on time just contact us and we will assist you.
So don't waste your valuable time searching through hundreds of online team building activities yourself, when we can do all the research and provide quotes for you? You will not pay any more to book your activity through Team Building Made Easy, our service to you is totally FREE.
Call us on 1300 764 818 or email the team on [email protected].