Top 10 Game shows and Trivia Team Building Activities to Challenge your Team
13 October 2020 · 6 min read
Want to bring employers together? Consider hosting a Team Building Trivia event. Team building Trivia and Game Shows are an excellent way to bring your employees closer. They are engaging, fun and exciting while working on skills which can transfer into their work life.
Team building trivia questions are based on the game Trivial Pursuit. They may include game shows like Jeopardy or Who wants to be a Millionaire. People love the mental challenge and fun of trivia contests.
Trivia and Game Show Team Building Activities are ways to test our intellect and demonstrate knowledge. However, while most people consider trivia a hobby, trivia can be far more than just fun and games. According to an article by Construction Executive it can make employees smarter and more innovative. It can foster the kind of breakthrough thinking that can take a company from good to great. You can read more in this relevant article. Make Employees Smarter and More Innovative With Trivia in the Workplace. They further discuss that the use of trivia has been proven to unlock the potential of the human mind. Thus improving mental performance and enhancing creativity.
Team Building Trivia events can be held during the day or night. They can be an inexpensive option as they have many alternatives on where you can hold your event. You can choose from your conference venue, a restaurant, or ask us for suggestions.
We have live streamed interactive Team Building Trivia and Game shows for remote team building. This includes Online Murder Mystery team building activity.
Group sizes can be flexible from 10-100 plus people. Many Team Building Trivia questions can be custom-made to your business requirements.
Game shows and Trivia come under the category of Transformational play. This is a powerful tool that employs the art of play to accomplish serious business. The mantra is, “Play first. Work better and achieve superior results.” You can read more about this in an article on by Sasha Barab.
Gene Jones discusses the power of play should not be down played. The article, Making Employees smarter via Trivia, advises you can use trivia games to gain important business advantages.
The article further discuss a number of advantages trivia Team Building Activities can have. These include:
Trivia Nights are good choices for team bonding activities as they promote teamwork. Questions are in multiple parts and require the team to work together to solve.
A well-designed Trivia Team Building Activities makes people think about the answers. You may know the answer straight away, but that is not always the case. Trivia and game show questions cover a variety of topics. This allows for different members in the teams to be able to answer questions. It is a great way to include all different age groups. Make sure you organise your teams in such a way as to group people who have a diverse range of knowledge and skills.
Game shows and Trivia promotes team building by making your employees talk to each other to come up with answers. Team members will need to use problem solving skills and team work to answer the questions. These skills can be transferable to the work place. That is coordinating with each other to solve business problems.
This type of activity is great for gaining insight into peoples thinking patterns and thought processes. For example a marketing department might have different thought processes to an IT department. Select your teams prior to the event to make sure people mix from different departments. This will enhance team bonding in the work place.
Trivia Team Building Activities are so fun that people do not see the added benefits of Team Building. They are great for stress relief as people as they are quite relaxed in a social setting.
Additional benefits can be found in article in Tweak your Biz. How to Facilitate Team Building with Trivia Night.
According to the article – Team building doesn’t have to be limited to the same old exercises. Look for an activity that not everyone expects and associates with corporate bonding. This will ensure that during the activity they will use existing skills in an entirely new way. Not only will your team have a great event, they will maintain important skills. Trivia Team Building activities are a great way to foster trust and communication.
Further endorsement of Trivia Team Building Activities’ comes from an Article by Forbes.
7 Top-Notch Team-Building Tactics To Take Your Business’s Culture To The Next Level
They discuss that there’s nothing like a little friendly competition to get employees out of their shells.
Compile the results as well as if there is anything you would do different next time.
It is hard to choose an activity just by looking at some pictures and a description. So, we have put together a playlist of some team building activities in action. This will give you a better idea of the activity, and so you can see how much fun they are.
You can go to our YouTube channel for more ideas and to see other activities in action. We add new videos all the time, so if there is something you are interested in, just ask us.
We have a range of interactive Trivia options. A great idea if you have new people joining your company, or if you want something over dinner or drinks. It is a popular activity at a conference as a networking activity.
Trivia can be a great choice for businesses with a tight budget. Especially if you have a large group of people. Below are our most popular activities. You can find further options on our Game show and Trivia page.
At Team Building Made Easy we have a number of Evening Team Building Activities. These include: Win it in a Minute, Murder Mystery, Casino etc. So contact us to find which one is your perfect fit. You can also check out the Evening Category on our website for more options. Of course these activities can be held in the day time as well.
Another option is a Murder Mystery Team Building activity. We recommended this done over a meal, or at least with drinks and nibbles. These can be at a variety of our venue partners or you can use your own venue. A relaxed, fun and engaging activity. Murder Mystery options are a great idea for smaller groups. This will enable everyone to be involved and in character.
Furthermore, events can be customised to suit your objectives and themes. Let us know what you would like, and we can organise customised quotes for you.
To focus on Problem Solving – Read out article on Team Building Problem Solving Activities. Or check out our Problem Solving Category.
Team building activities to improve problem solving are an effective way to develop skills. In order to be effective at problem solving it is wise to work on and develop key skills.
Other relevant articles you may find interesting include:
The minimum number would be 10, however the more teams you have the better, So 20 would be a great number. There is no maximum number. Game show and Trivia Activities are very economical for large groups.
Your activity will run best in a private function space. It is ideal if you can get AV equipment included in your venue hire. This can save you quite a bit of money.
No. By using the services of Team Building Made Easy, you will not be charged any hidden costs or charges. We have arrangements in place with all our listed providers to ensure they quote to us as they would quote directly to you the user if you were to go to them directly.
1. Team Building Made Easy Pty Ltd is a booking agent for companies that provide team building activities. Team Building Made Easy Pty Ltd is not the provider of these activities.
2. When you book an activity through Team Building Made Easy you are purchasing a credit for team building to the value of that booking. Subject to these terms and conditions you may use that credit for any team building activity available through Team Building Made Easy.
3. Bookings must be confirmed in writing by either signing and returning the Team Building Made Easy quote or by replying to the email containing the quote and clearly stating you wish to proceed with the team building activity as quoted.
4. Once you return a confirmation by the means listed in item 3 you are committed to that booking and subject to these terms and conditions.
5. Payment must be made at the time of booking.
6. Payment may be made by Direct Deposit, Company Cheque, Visa, Mastercard, or American Express.
a) Payments made by Visa, Mastercard will incur a surcharge of 1.92% plus GST and for American Express it is 3.4% plus GST
7. Some Providers have specific Terms and Conditions which are in addition to these Terms and Conditions and are outlined in your quote. In the event of a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and Provider Terms and Conditions the Provider Terms and Conditions will have precedence.
8. As a booking agent for companies providing team building activities Team Building Made Easy will not be responsible for any loss, injury or damage incurred or suffered by any participants during an activity.
9. Where any liability is transmitted through a point of law to Team Building Made Easy then the maximum aggregate liability of the Team Building Made Easy, its directors, employees, agents and servants for all claims under or relating to this contract or its subject matter is limited to an amount equal to the Fees paid by the customer under this Contract.
10. Should any dispute arise from an activity then as a booking agent for companies providing team building activities Team Building Made Easy will use its best endeavours to help you resolve the dispute with the provider. Please note however that as a booking agent we do not have direct control over the provider and as provided for in clause 10 of these terms and conditions any dispute and or refund will be based on the provisions of the Provider’s contract
11. Team Building Made Easy reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time.